ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
Properly report financial statements in accordance with GAAP to stakeholders
- Prepare financial statements with the assistance of the Accounting Manager for external stakeholders and internal teams.
- Ensure all transactions are properly accounted under GAAP and technical matters are properly documented in accounting memos.
- Maintain and enhance the company’s ERP system (Intacct)
- Build, document and test internal controls
Ensure smooth financial operations
- Ensure the procure-to-pay process runs smooth; vendors are paid promptly, controls are followed, cash is safeguarded and reporting is accurate.
- Manage the payroll process with the Accounting Manager and HR team
- Ensure cash collection is accurate and complete
Manage and grow the team
- The role will manage the Accounting Manager and future accounting heads. ActiveCampaign prides itself on fostering a workplace where employees can grow. As leader of the accounting team, the Controller will be responsible for the success of the rest of his / her team
Own the relationship with outside accounting teams
- ActiveCampaign has annual financial audits by a Big4 Accounting firm. In addition, we have relationships with other major firms for tax, systems, compliance and regulatory purposes. This role will manage these relationships.
Responsible for proper tax accounting
- While ActiveCampaign is a limited liability company it still faces complex tax matters including transfer pricing, international, R&D tax credits, IL EDGE tax credits, and sales tax. This role will be responsible for managing and mitigating our tax liability.
- Responsible for managing the company’s sales tax exposure.
What your day could consist of:
- Liaise with external audit firm to review technical accounting matter
- Review and approve payroll
- Create financial statements for external parties
- Determine the best transfer pricing arrangement for new international entities and build out international treasury functions
What is needed:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years in a Big 4 accounting firm
- CPA certification required
- Experience with SaaS business model and in particular subscription-based revenue recognition
- Prior people management experience preferred
- Experience with complex technical accounting matters
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few). At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!