As our Controller you will help us build a world class accounting function at Snapsheet. You elevate the accounting function in every way including running an efficient monthly close, managing our audits, creating and testing controls, carving out new business lines, and more. In everything you do you keep us compliant by staying in the know with accounting standards and documenting your work diligently. Knowing that we are continuing to grow you build out scalable processes and procedures that ensure our financials are always accurate. With the rapid growth of Snapsheet, you also grow the accounting function from a people perspective building and leading a team.
You are a builder through and through; you want to build a top notch accounting group from the ground up. Attention to detail is your strong suit. You have an owner mentality and don’t wait to be told what to do next. You enjoy diving into complex accounting challenges and you utilize your curious nature to implement solutions. Of course, you are an accounting expert who is well versed in GAAP and have your CPA.
Responsibilities of the Controller:
Properly report financial statements in accordance with GAAP to stakeholders.
- Prepare financial statements with the assistance of the Accounting Supervisor and Junior Accountant.
- Ensure all transactions are properly accounted under GAAP and technical matters are properly documented in accounting memos, including adoption of new accounting standards (lease accounting, ASC-606).
- Work with Director of Finance on line of business allocations and international expansion considerations.
- Maintain and enhance the company’s ERP system (Intacct).
- Build, document, and test internal controls.
- Review and assist in preparation of period close procedures.
Liaise with outside CPA firm
- Snapsheet is transitioning annual financial audits to Ernst & Young. This role will work closely with our CPA firm to ensure a smooth transition and well-executed audit and tax engagements.
- Work with CPA firm to buildout internal knowledge and compliance with complex tax matters including transfer pricing, international, R&D tax credits, available tax credits, and sales tax. This role will be responsible for managing and mitigating our tax liability.
Manage and grow the team
- The role will manage and develop the Accounting Supervisor, Junior Accountant, and future accounting hires.
What we’re looking for in a Controller:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3+ years in an accounting firm (Big 4 preferred)
- 5+ years relevant experience
- CPA certification required
- Strong GAAP knowledge required (IFRS knowledge preferred)
- Experience designing, documenting, and testing strong controls required
- Prior people management experience preferred
- Experience with complex technical accounting matters
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill