Cameo, one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech startups in Chicago and Los Angeles, is looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to help propel Cameo to the next level.
You’ll be joining a quickly growing team of smart, curious and driven colleagues, and be able to experience a rocket ship from its earliest days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and will help shape the direction of the next great tech company. We have an amazing culture, and hope you’ll be a part of it!
We’re well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a rocketship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), monthly in-office live music events, access to the resources of top VCs, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
About the role:
This is an opportunity for a highly self-motivated individual to join the Cameo team as Controller reporting to the CFO. Cameo’s business and strategic goals are constantly evolving as we undergo rapid global expansion and continue to build out our leadership team. In this role, your direct ownership of all accounting and financial reporting processes, your ability to synthesize and provide sophisticated analysis of a growing company’s financial data, and your proven experience building world-class finance teams will be essential to the execution of our strategic vision and to the company’s overall success. If you are a talented operator with a track-record of success, join us in our mission to create the most personalized fan experiences on earth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying, implementing, and executing on best-in-class financial control policies and procedures for a rapidly growing international startup
- Leading Cameo’s general accounting and financial reporting function including ownership of the company’s General Ledger, Income Statement, and Balance Sheet
- Optimizing Cameo’s operational accounting processes through adoption of accounting software and related IT systems suitable both for Cameo’s current financial footprint and our foreseeable growth roadmap
- Overseeing all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and ensuring alignment between the company’s financial plans and strategic initiatives
- Maintaining relationships and acting as the primary point of contact for various external third parties (including but not limited to auditing firms, financial partners, insurance providers, and payment processors)
- Building, onboarding, and managing a world-class team of junior finance staff
- Actively supporting senior leadership and other areas of the business across a variety of special projects and programs in need of your financial acumen and expertise
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- On-the-job experience: 5+ years of professional accounting or controller experience at startups and/or high-growth multinational firms
- Certification: CPA preferred but not required
- Demonstrable subject-matter expertise: Deep knowledge of US GAAP and related registration, regulatory, and tax laws
- Complete toolbox of skills: Proficiency in MS Office, Quickbooks, and IT system integration (Stripe, PayPal, Expensify, etc.)
- Collaborative disposition: Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Serious horsepower: Ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Unparalleled attention to detail: Track record of preparing complicated financial deliverables with complete accuracy for stakeholders across numerous mission-critical verticals
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.