Controller at Bringg
The US Controller is an integral member of Bringg’s accounting team. The ideal candidate has proven performance in scaling processes and has worked in a high growth environment. This position is a founding member of the US Accounting and Finance team, and will report directly to the Group Controller.
- Responsible for oversight of monthly accounting entries, month-end and year-end close procedures and balance sheet reconciliations for Bringg’s US subsidiary
- Review and monitor costs inherent to the business.
- Responsible for the growth (hiring and management) of the US Accounting team.
- Responsible for Bringg’s state and federal tax filing as well as compliance/tax reporting
- Manages other finance-related activities, including AP/AR, billing, and collections.
- Collaborate with Group Controller to facilitate invoice approvals.
- Prepare financial reports for creditors, regulatory agencies, tax authorities, and others.
- Schedule expenditures, analyze variances, and identify corrective actions when necessary.
- Act as Bringg’s Finance Business Partner for the US entity.
- Required: public (Big 4) accounting experience
- Required: experience in a small to medium sized Software/SaaS company. Startup experience is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an accounting senior or leader.
- Proficient with software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including the use of VLookup Pivot Tables, and other Excel functions as well as ambition to learn internal systems.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- In depth revenue recognition knowledge, experience with ASC 606. Experience and proficiency in US GAAP.
- Ability to work with limited supervision; highly self-motivated with the ability to produce creative solutions.
- Ability to anticipate and meet business demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing at least one direct report (bookkeeper)
- Active CPA License in the State of Illinois in good standing
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to travel internationally at up to a quarterly frequency
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or comparable field