Leap develops and operates physical retail stores for emerging brands. Via the Leap platform, brands rapidly deploy efficient, modern stores that work in concert with their ecommerce customer experiences. Brand stores *powered by Leap* deliver outstanding customer experience and powerful insights that enable emerging brands to grow and innovate more quickly and more profitably, with significantly less risk. In our first year we've grown to 12 stores for 8 brands in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Miami and are set to grow even more rapidly in 2020 and beyond. We're excited by the opportunity to reinvent retail for the next generation of leading brands and consumers.
Mission for the position:
As the first full-time member of our accounting and finance team, you will lead development of our accounting and finance capabilities overall, including further development/re-development of existing core operational accounting and finance workflows and related policies for the business ranging from revenue and expense workflow management, billing & cash management, management and financial reporting and accounting systems and workflows including monthly close and tax, insurance and risk management and other administrative processes and tools/systems and policies. You will also serve as a key stakeholder in collaboration with our product and engineering teams in the development of related process automation systems and company level accounting and financial data management systems and analytics in support of operational systems for the optimization of retail stores within our rapidly growing national footprint.
As key responsibilities, you'll work to develop and manage/oversee:
Revenue (A/R) and Expense (A/P) workflows:
- Calculation of store sales proceeds, brand customer service fees and resulting remittances and execution of related transactions
- Store level and corporate expenses including staff base and incentive compensation, store overhead including rent and vendor payables, etc.
Accounting systems and workflows:
- Store level and rollup financial statements including financial and management accounting analysis and related monthly close and other regular accounting workflows such as store capital deployment and repayment analysis, store location lease tracking, store and personnel productivity analysis, etc.
- Coordination tax prep, financing related and other sporadic workflows
Corporate & administrative systems and workflows:
- Own/oversee payroll and performance/incentive compensation tracking systems and workflows
- Support corporate financial planning and analysis, including establishing metrics and partnering with leadership for monitoring and optimization of operational results and preparation of Board reports
- Tax & compliance including sales tax, licensing and permitting, etc.
- Partner with leadership to support development of key HR & legal functions e.g. talent onboarding, benefits administration, etc.
- Develop, manage, and motivate financial staff. Provide leadership and management of the financial team in the completion of all daily/weekly/monthly responsibilities.
Store Operations and Platform/Data systems development:
- Supporting product and engineering teams in the development and management of systems for finance and accounting including transaction management, data storage and analytics, financial planning and analysis automation, etc, by helping to define system requirements, test functional systems during development, and driving deployment/rollout to users.
Qualifications – key competencies & attributes for success:
- Bachelor's degree and CPA with 6+ years operational accounting and finance management experience with demonstrable track record of success
- A combination of public (Big 4) accounting and experience in a high growth startup or small to medium sized Software/SaaS company; consumer, ecommerce and/or retail startup experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of financial and management accounting and financial analysis standards and best practices including lease accounting and retail store operational financial analysis and accounting
- Exceptional analytical, teamwork and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Humility and high aptitude for learning and self-improvement
- Exceptional attention to detail; ability to understand the big picture while operating in the weeds
- High level of comfort working in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style - self-starting, highly accountable, ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions, desire to win
Outcomes & measures of success:
- Successful implementation and ongoing management of store and company level accounting and finance processes and systems/tools
- Consistent, timely delivery of business financial performance reports with actionable insights
- Successful collaboration with operational leaders and team members across the business and senior leaders
- Contribution to the development of a team-oriented, high performance culture within the firm
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the high volume of inquiries received, we are not able to respond to all applicants.