Corporate Cash Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with more than 37,000 restaurants in over 100 countries serving billions of customers each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences to build a better McDonald’s.
The Treasury Department of McDonald's Corporation works to maximixe financial effectiveness through raising funds; managing corporate assets and liabilities; managing foreign exchange, interest rate, commodity and political risks; managing and developing relationships with financial suppliers; and providing financial leadership and expertise to the System.
The Corporate Treasury Manager provides strategic and analytical support across a wide variety of Treasury-related activities and is critical to help build and strengthen the Treasury function with the company. The Manager will evaluate and streamline the day to day treasury operations of the company through automation, process improvements and treasury system enhancements. This position will have a leadership role on various projects and initiatives related to cash forecasting, liquidity management and commercial paper issuance. The Manager will supervise 3 direct reports who are responsible for corporate cash management, notional pooling, investments, foreign exchange settlements, treasury workstation activities and cash collection services for company-owned restaurants.
- Lead the operational aspects of the Corporate Cash Management team and systems involving the management of cash resources;
- Responsible for continuous improvement of treasury operation processes, system optimization and automation to simplify processes, reduce costs and minimize risks;
- Build and maintain cash and debt forecasts, analyze variances and work with corporate finance functions to improve forecasting and liquidity planning;
- Evaluate various investment choices, invest cash as appropriate and execute investment strategies that align with investment and financial policies;
- Manage the issuance of commercial paper as authorized and coordinate with capital markets to meet established funding strategies;
- Partner with internal and external auditors to analyze treasury activities and support compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Treasury-Global Funding, Tax, Accounting and Legal to support both broad company initiatives and Treasury transactions.
- Minimize treasury operating costs by evaluating and optimizing the banking structure and services for company owned restaurants and corporate entities;
- Lead and motivate staff to maximize productivity and performance, assign accountability, provide feedback and recommend opportunities for individual professional growth and development.
- 3-5 years of Treasury, Accounting or Finance experience;
- Experience in people management is required;
- Ability to understand, develop and think holistically about processes that impact internal and external clients;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with a superior customer-service focus and strong attention to detail;
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word, email, and ability to learn other software applications quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CTP, CPA or MBA a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.