Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it's career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
When you feel like you belong, work is no longer work - it's personal. At Paylocity, we believe better employees lead to better companies. Workplaces and cultures that care will build the future, and at Paylocity, we're doing just that. Join us as we change the future and transform your career!
There are jobs and then there are careers. Since 1997, Paylocity has been hiring talented people, giving them big challenges, and providing the right resources to help them succeed. Our award-winning culture ensures all employees feel truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves. While other companies talk about it, we make it happen. Join Paylocity and launch your career!
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Development, the Manager of Corporate Development will be a key leader driving the company's corporate development efforts, including strategy, M&A, capital markets, special projects/growth initiatives and business development activity in alignment with the board, CEO/COO/CFO and the executive team. The position will have direct communication with Senior Management as well as regular direct interaction with the CFO.
- Work directly with cross-functional leadership to identify and prioritize strategic initiatives, shape strategy, and identify areas of M&A focus
- Assist the Senior Director of Corporate Development and Chief Strategy Officer to refine and execute the processes and analytical framework for analyzing M&A opportunities
- Lead research and analysis of key strategic markets to understand and articulate market trends, competitive landscapes, and area of opportunities
- Lead cross-functional efforts to perform deep dives on specific targets to evaluate potential as partners, acquisition opportunities or investment candidates
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional efforts in all phases of M&A execution including diligence, business case creation, financial modeling, and integration
- Drive cross-functional efforts to analyze and execute capital markets activities
- Perform and lead ad hoc analyses and financial modeling as needed
- Lead and mentor team of senior analyst(s)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 4+ years of experience in corporate finance, strategy, corporate development, investment banking, or M&A, preferably in the software / tech sector
- 2+ years of experience in an investment banking role at a recognized bank, with M&A execution experience
- Strong work ethic with experience leading cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced environment in a structured and organized manner
- Driven, results oriented mindset with a proven history of perseverance and passion for achieving goals
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills with financial modelling experience building operational, acquisition, and growth models and pro forma financials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience preparing and presenting board and/or executive level strategic and financial presentations
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of and strong interest in the software industry is strongly preferred
- Public debt and equity financing experience is preferred
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $130,500-180,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.