Who We Are!
At Maven Wave, we are relentless in hiring the industry’s top talent. Each employee is hand-picked not only for their skills, but for their personality and broad expertise. We are looking for this rare combination of talent that sets us apart in the industry.
Maven Wave helps leading companies make the shift to digital and shorten the fuse to innovation. We combine the expertise of top-tier consulting with the agility of a cutting-edge technology firm. This multidisciplinary blend of skills allows us to create unique digital advantages for our clients. Maven Wave’s digital solutions are agile, mobile, rooted in analytics, and built in the cloud.
Your Life As A Maven:
This position will be a part of the Corporate Accounting Team. Responsibilities will include monthly and quarterly close process including preparation of journal entries, monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations, and some additional responsibilities include assisting in the enhancement of internal controls, assisting with the consolidation (Intercompany Transactions) process and participating in special ad-hoc projects.
- Prepare & record monthly recurring journal entries primarily related payroll and SG&A.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations related to payroll and all of SG&A, accruals and other.
- Develop efficiencies in the close cycle and ensure that all steps in the close process are adequately documented.
- Manage Intercompany entries along with reconciliations of those GL accounts.
- Serve as a backup for other Corporate Accounting responsibilities such as including tasks in the consolidations process.
- Assist in fielding and resolving inquiries from management and external auditors.
- Participate in other special ad-hoc duties and projects required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Advanced certifications and/or degrees a plus: CPA, MBA, etc.
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Experience with corporate accounting and/or public accounting is a plus
- NetSuite Experience is a plus
- Experience with Excel or G Suite apps such as Sheets, Docs, Slides
- Ability to be a self starter and a problem solver
- Aptitude - You have an innate capacity to transition from project to project without skipping a beat.
- Communication - You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects and teams.
- Impact - You are a critical thinker with an emphasis on creativity and innovation.
- Passion - You have the drive to succeed paired with a continuous hunger to learn.
- Leadership - You are trusted, empathetic, accountable, and empower others around you.
Why We’re Proud To Be Mavens!
- Google Cloud North America Services Partner of the Year 2019, 2018, 2017
- #21 Best Workplaces in Chicago, FORTUNE, 2018
- Great Place To Work Certification, Great Place to Work, 2017 & 2018
- Fast Fifty, Crain's Chicago Business
- 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, National Association for Business Resources (NABR)
- Top Google Cloud Partner, Clutch
- Fastest Growing Consulting Firms in North America (#11, #37), Consulting Magazine
- Top IT Services Companies, Clutch
- Google Global Rising Star Partner of the Year
Ready to Learn More?
- Digital Transformation at Maven Wave
- Check out our Corporate Team
- See what Glassdoor has to say
- Real Customer Stories