At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics, based in Chicago, is a leading Fortune 1000 provider of technology-enabled transportation and supply chain management services. Headquartered in Chicago with more than 30 offices around the country, Echo offers freight brokerage and Managed Transportation solutions for all major modes, including truckload, partial truckload, LTL, intermodal and expedited. Echo maintains a proprietary, web-based technology platform that compiles and analyzes data from its network of over 50,000 transportation providers to serve 35,000 clients across a wide range of industries and simplify the critical tasks involved in transportation management.
Echo is looking to immediately fill a corporate tax role in our Finance/Accounting org. We are seeking a proactive, self-motivated, and collaborative Corporate Tax Manager to lead all aspects of our corporate tax function. The role will be responsible for federal, state, and local tax compliance and the quarterly tax provision. The position will report to the Controller and be a critical part of the corporate accounting team headquartered in downtown Chicago. Your main priorities will be ASC 740 provision, tax compliance, tax planning, managing tax audits, and serving as the company’s primary tax resource, supported as necessary by external tax advisors. The ideal candidate is organized, diligent, independent, and demonstrates high interpersonal skills to work across various functions to communicate tax issues.
- Responsible for all aspects of federal, state, local, and international direct and indirect tax compliance and planning, and the accounting for income taxes under US GAAP
- Ensure corporate compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal tax rules and regulations
- Establish and maintain tax policies, practices, and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance and strong internal controls under SOX requirements
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison between company and external tax advisors
- Develop internal policies relating to taxation and implement these policies into existing accounting and business practices
- Research and document tax strategies and new tax laws
- Manage all tax audits from federal, state, and local jurisdictions
- Fulfill documentation requests for outside tax advisors and auditors
- 6 to 8 years of experience
- CPA required
- Public Accounting experience as a senior associate or manager strongly preferred
- Master’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Self-managed, self-motivated, goal-oriented with strong desire to succeed
- ASC 740 experience
- Federal, state, and local compliance experience
- Exposure to SOX control environment
- Willing to assist with ad-hoc regulatory compliance issues such as 1099 reporting, annual reports, business licensing, etc.
- Eager to act as a business partner and work cross-functionally with Finance, Legal, HR, IT, and Sales orgs
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Expert problem-solving skills, can recognize and correct a potential tax and business issues quickly and effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to communicate tax issues effectively to non-tax members of the organization
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.