Cost Accounting Manager at Green Thumb Industries (GTI)
!Sorry, this job was removed at 4:26 p.m. (CST) on Friday, February 14, 2020
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Cost Accounting Manager will play a critical role in the growth of our Finance department. You will be responsible for supporting the Cost Accounting needs for the organization. Responsibilities may include planning, studying and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor. This role will also work to implement or improve the financial systems supporting the manufacturing processes. You will also be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial information while providing insights to the manufacturing and production cost measures. You must possess strong business acumen with the ability to effectively address both financial and operational challenges. Most importantly, you must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up culture such as GTI.
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Manage daily cost accounting functions and ensure all deadlines are met
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of a standard costing system during month-end-close
- Provide commentary and analysis of costs against expected, budget and forecast variances
- Implement various manufacturing variance tracking and reporting processes
- Prepare summary analytics and analysis to explain variances on a periodic basis
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Partner with supply chain and operations to understand operational issues and their impact in order to assist with operational decisions
- Assist in annual budget process to properly forecast cost of goods sold
- Evaluate business controls impacting manufacturing and inventory
- Investigate significant trends/variances for cost reduction regarding material, labor, overhead, and other types of costs related to manufacturing products
- Manage inventory observations and cycle count programs with facility managers, suppliers and external auditors
- Special projects and ad-hoc reporting as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 7 plus years of experience working in an accounting role including at least 2 years of management experience with direct reports
- Proven knowledge of cost accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description