Credit Bureau Dispute Processing Manager
What you do at Avant:
- Manage the day to day aspects of the Credit Reporting Team (Dispute Processing).
- Track and manage the performance of the Credit Reporting Team by holding regular meetings and conducting performance reviews.
- Ability to set goals and evaluate employee performance against those goals.
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback.
- Compliance with all applicable regulations, industry standards, and internal policies (FCRA, FACTA, FCBA, CDIA, CRRG, Dodd-Frank Act/UDAAP).
- Respond to all indirect and direct disputes on-time and accurately.
- Identify areas of risk, conduct root cause analysis, work with appropriate teams for remediation.
- Optimization of dispute handling process; efficient structuring of work streams and queues.
- Participate and respond to regulatory examinations, audits, and due diligence inquiries.
- Direct and/or generate actionable regular reporting on productivity, trends, or learning.
- Take on additional projects and duties as needed.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BA/BS from reputable university.
- 3 years in credit bureau reporting.
- 2 years management experience.
- Knowledgeable of all applicable regulations including but not limited to FCRA, CRRG, CDIA Functional knowledge of the e-OSCAR system.
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret data as well as state and federal regulations.Self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.Ability to learn and adapt quickly based on evolving expectations and process updates.
- Must be able to interface effectively with other departments and team members.
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Performance management for credit bureau reporting
- Significant experience in credit bureau reporting on installment loan and revolving credit (credit card) portfolios.
- Experience in the near-prime credit sector.
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Create new process and procedure to improve credit bureau reporting for all products and partners.
- Intermediate SQL skills for some tasks