Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
As the Credit Bureau Reporting Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of Credit Reporting, including Metro II file generation and submission, data validations, as well as investigation and response to credit reporting disputes received both directly (via phone, chat, email or letter) and indirectly through the e-Oscar platform. In this role you are responsible for compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA), the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA) and other regulatory guidance. You will also be responsible for identifying, escalating, and resolving areas of risk related to credit bureau reporting. You will work regularly with compliance, legal, and outside counsel to ensure reporting is fair and accurate for customers at all points in their life cycle.
What you do at Avant:
- Compliance with all applicable regulations, industry standards, and internal policies (FCRA, FACTA, FCBA, CDIA, CRRG, Dodd-Frank Act/UDAAP)
- Accurately generate the Metro2 file including timely submission
- Respond to all indirect and direct disputes on-time and accurately
- Identify areas of risk, conduct root cause analysis, work with appropriate teams for remediation
- Direct and/or generate actionable regular reporting exposing trends and learnings
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Experience in credit bureau reporting
- Management experience
- BA/BS from an accredited university
- Knowledgeable of all applicable regulations including but not limited to FCRA, CRRG, CDIA
- Functional knowledge of the e-OSCAR system
- Exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness, and organizational skills
- Ability to recognize areas of risk, analyze scope, and prioritize remediation
- Ability to handle and execute on projects in a fast paced environment with limited supervision and successfully meet established deadlines
- Self-confidence, critical thinking, good judgment, and the ability to make sound decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Performance management for credit bureau reporting
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.