Credit Reporting Analyst
Growth with a Purpose
What you get to do:
- Resolve indirect disputes through the e-OSCAR system, a platform where credit bureaus will forward disputes sent to them to the data furnisher.
- Resolve direct credit reporting disputes received from the customer either by phone, email, or letter.
- Work with our Training team to develop scripting for customer-facing agents and identify any areas for improvement.
- Determine cause of disputes by collaborating with department owners across a variety of teams.
- Work with representatives from major credit bureaus to determine if reported information is reflecting as anticipated.
- Help develop reporting on dispute trending for members of our Leadership team.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years experience reviewing sensitive information (customer documents, banking information), ability to navigate and review accounts, notate findings, and track information.
- Willingness to learn federal regulations under which OppLoans operates; primarily the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), as well as the Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices Act (UDAAP), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Lending, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), as well as others as necessary.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency in G-Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Adaptable to rapid change.
- Identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Decision-making/reasoning skills.
- Ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of e-OSCAR system
- Experience with the Metro 2 format
Employees Love Working Here
Customers love our product
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.