Digital Financial Analyst
Tribune Publishing is hiring for a Digital Financial Analyst. The role has the responsibility of monitoring the productivity and profitability of digital advertising revenue, supporting operating managers with data analysis and presentation of revenue streams, plans, forecasts, goals, and strategic investments. The Digital Financial Analyst will contribute to the development of operating and strategic plans. The Analyst will work with, and work to improve, the database, control, and analytical systems used in financial planning and revenue reporting with a variety of systems to efficiently meet information, reporting, and decision making requirements.
Participate in development of base line financial plans and continuing financial analyses for various departments. Work with operating department management to determine actual performance to planned objectives and effective communication of variance analysis to management.
Create and maintain monthly and quarterly reviews and variance analyses. Assist management decision making about partner performance and finance and accounting groups with partner revenue and payment details
Perform and create monthly revenue and expense forecasts for senior management regarding monetization partnerships, department costs, and variances to plan and previous forecasts.
Perform ad hoc financial analyses for various stakeholders evaluating proposed operating changes, partnership changes, and strategic projects.
Various ad hoc reporting support.
- Bachelors in Finance/Accounting with two years related business experience.
- Excellent MS Excel skills including: pivot tables, lookups, advanced summing functions.
- Oracle experience preferred but not required.
- Must be a self-starter that is highly motivated, deadline and detail oriented, and understands a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.