ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 145,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 145,000 today to millions.
Reporting to the Controller, this newly-created role will be a key leader in the Accounting group. This group leads the overall accounting, tax and payroll functions and is a business partner across the broader organization.
What your day could consist of:
- A hands-on leader in all operations related to the department including month end close, general ledger activity, treasury, payables and payroll
- Execution of the monthly financial close process including preparation and delivery of financial reporting and analytics to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and oversee ongoing operational activities including but not limited to: accounts payable, banking and cash management, payroll, audit and tax compliance
- Partner closely with the FP&A and Finance teams by providing key insights and visibility into financial results
- Lead process with an external firm to document the company’s risk and control matrix (process and IT related) including forming, testing and recommending internal controls
- Develop the corporate treasury program including rollout of a centralized international banking relationship
- Implement a sales tax tool into our subscription management and accounting systems
- Build AP, payroll, and accounting processes for new international entities leveraging partners as needed. Lead process to transition to a centralized international payroll provider that integrates with Workday
- Manage, mentor and provide development for team members, including hiring, training and motivating. Coach new managers on management best practices and leading teams.
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement and automation
What is needed:
- 4 year college degree. CPA required. Public accounting, public company and high-growth company experience preferred.
- At least 12 years of experience in an accounting managerial role, managing managers; high growth tech company experience preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of US GAAP, technical accounting standards and internal controls
- Experience with Sage Intacct (or comparable ERP system) both through implementation and day-to-day operations
- Knowledge of system based payroll platforms such as Workday and automated ticketing response system Zendesk
- Expert communicator in all forms: written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet aggressive deadlines, while remaining detail oriented and organized
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities including building high performing teams
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.