Director of Accounting
SilkRoad is the world's leader in strategic onboarding for global workforce readiness and transformation. We help organizations prepare their people for change by designing intentional, personalized journeys to increase retention and maximize agility throughout their careers. SilkRoad combines our leading strategic onboarding capabilities with world-class consulting services to deliver highly scalable, personalized experiences that engage employees and drive long-term business performance such as productivity, profitability, growth and agility.
SilkRoad is seeking a world-class Director of Accounting to join the growing Finance and Accounting team in our Chicago headquarters. As the Director of Accounting, you will be responsible for global accounting, reporting, planning, and analysis. You will report directly to the Chief Financial and People Officer and manage a team of accounting and finance professionals.
Your contributions to SilkRoad will include:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Managing the team responsible for general accounting, accounts payable, payroll, international accounting, financial planning and analysis, and reporting. Ensuring processes are accurate, efficient, and well documented.
- Overseeing global monthly close, consolidation, reporting, and analysis. Performing detailed reviews of transactions, results, and variances. Presenting results to management and provide accounting and business recommendations.
- Managing preparation of quarterly board reports and other investor reports, including management of capitalization table and accounting for shareholder transactions.
- Recommending and leading various finance and corporate projects to improve business outcomes.
- Responsible for accounting software administration and optimization.
- Technical Accounting and Compliance
- Responsible for technical accounting and complex accounting areas including implementation of new accounting standards, income tax provisions, valuations, and equity transactions.
- Leading preparation of annual consolidated financial statements and footnote disclosures. Managing annual financial statement audits with external auditors.
- Establishing and leading an internal audit program across the finance function with objections to maintain sound controls, improve processes, and develop the finance team.
- Overseeing compliance with payroll, 401(k), and related regulations.
- Overseeing compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements, company registrations, and tax filings, including income, sales and use, real and personal property, and franchise taxes.
- Planning and Analysis
- Managing annual budget and quarterly forecast processes.
- Partnering with department managers to analyze monthly financial results, plan financial investments, and providing meaningful insight and business recommendations.
- Preparing and reviewing additional analysis and reports, and other special projects, as requested.
- Strong technical accounting skills and ability to research and implement accounting rules and industry practices.
- Understanding of venture capital funding and complex equity structures.
- Proficient at budgeting, reporting, and financial modeling.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail combined with strong business acumen and professional demeanor.
- Hands-on leader dedicated to developing a commercially minded finance team that serves as a business partner to company managers.
- Passionate about using technology to drive efficiencies and analyze the business.
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritize multiple projects and deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a clear and professional verbal and written communication style.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with Adaptive Insights, Intacct, or Great Plains is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other business area.
- CPA, or international equivalent.
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience, preferably in both public accounting and corporate environments.
- Experience managing teams, partnering with business leaders, and implementing change.
- Experience working in a technology or professional services company is preferred.
- Experience implementing new accounting systems is a plus.
- French or other foreign language proficiency is a plus.