Director of Consulting - Financial Services Research and Consulting
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- You will draw on your extensive experience in consumer lending to drive thought leadership initiatives.
- You are highly credentialed, with a minimum of 14 years of experience in increasingly senior roles at multiple financial institutions and/or consulting firms with a focus on retail banking, lending, or risk management.
- You are also highly educated, with an advanced degree in business, statistics, analytics, operations research, finance, banking, or another related field.
- You can work effectively across multiple internal teams.
- You have an innate, unquenchable curiosity to understand why consumers and businesses behave the way they do.
- You have tenacity—finding the answer to a difficult question is a challenge you enjoy.
- You do not let obstacles hinder you; rather, you find innovative approaches to resolve, overcome or otherwise avoid those obstacles.
- You are adept at managing a team of contributors to an initiative and maintaining their enthusiasm, even when they don’t report to you.
- You are an expert with the Microsoft Office product suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- You are an eloquent speaker, equally comfortable addressing an audience of 4, 40 or 400.
- You are comfortable discussing concepts at all levels of an organization, from entry-level analyst to CEO. You have the ability to tailor your conversational approach to the audience—technical where you need to be, and strategic where appropriate, but always aimed at answering the business question.
- You have a strong customer service orientation. You mean it when you ask, “How can I be of service?” You recognize that internal customers are as important as external customers.
Impact You'll Make:
- You will create our quarterly Industry Insights reporting suite, including the report, webinar, press release, and relevant marketing and PR related support for the quarterly release.
- You will speak eloquently on behalf of TransUnion to share our insights at both our own conferences and at 3rd-party industry events.
- You will drive our thought leadership more broadly as a TransUnion spokesperson to print, radio and television media outlets.
- You will author articles based on industry trends or our research for publication in industry-specific journals.
- You will help build out and manage a team of analytic offshore resources in India to support consulting efforts, perform analytics, develop repeatable processes, and assist in content development where appropriate.
- You will support and present the Industry Point of View for various Advisory Boards, consisting of 10-20 senior leaders of lending organizations (customers and prospects) who provide insights and guidance on industry trends, TransUnion research studies and new product concepts
- You will support our sales teams and FS Lines of Business through consulting as a lending industry expert, helping our clients identify and address emerging challenges and opportunities in the marketplace.
- You will help educate our sales teams on consumer lending concepts, including consumer behavior dynamics, regulatory issues, economic forces, risk and marketing drivers, and more. You will support the development of- and lead efforts to improve sales fluency and sophistication when discussing industry concepts and trends across a range of lending concepts and functions.
- You will represent qualified expertise and immediate credibility on joint sales calls with acceptance as the subject matter expert, quotable resource and as the acknowledged industry consultant. In doing so, you will establish strong customer relationships built on trust, credibility, integrity, mutual respect and a sense of shared purpose.
- You will attend various industry association functions and seminars to maintain your knowledge of industry trends, best practices and competitive product offerings. By staying abreast of industry changes, you will maintain your own expertise in our dynamic industry. You will also educate/inform both internal TransUnion management and also our customers regarding the impact of industry dynamics on customers and TransUnion clients.
- Through all these efforts, you will drive the sense of TransUnion as an authority on lending and risk dynamics and a worthwhile, trusted partner to our clients and prospects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.