Director of Finance at closerlook, inc.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for overseeing, managing, and developing the Company’s Finance & Accounting function. As financial management is critical to our Company's performance, this position plays a significant role in the Company's growth and success.The Director of Finance is integral to our ability to provide to provide accurate and timely financial results for the business.This role is responsible for several key activities within the Finance & Accounting function, including Financial Reporting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Procurement, Payroll, Financial Systems, Treasury and Tax compliance. The Director of Finance also oversees Financial Planning & Analysis including the creation of the annual Financial Plan, interim forecasts for both profitability and cash flows and the tracking of KPI’s. Financial Strategy includes financial modeling on a multi year basis to drive business decision making within the context of the long-term plans.
Accounting & Financials
- Ensure the accuracy of the Company’s accounting and reported financial results in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ensure timely month end and year end financial close processes.
- Review and issuance of monthly financial statements, including actual vs. Plan/Forecast and MD&A.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Update Company policies and procedures and look for ways to make our procedures more efficient and effective agency wide.
- Enhance our revenue recognition policy, procedures and tools for the month end closing and work collaboratively with the Project Management team on opportunities for improvement.
- Implement cost controls for the authorization of billable and non-billable department expense budgets, jobs/headcount, fee revenue write-offs, etc.
- Evaluate all financial systems and processes and identify opportunities for integration, automation and efficiencies (e.g. Intacct, Mavenlink, Paycom).
Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll & Treasury
- Oversee customer invoicing and Accounts Receivable collections.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Procurement activities including approval of vendors and contracts.
- Manage all aspects of the Payroll processing including the issuance of tax forms to employees and contractors.
- Administer employee compensation with confidentiality and discretion and review monthly and annual sales commissions and bonuses.
- Administer and act as fiduciary representative to the 401(k) Plan.
- Responsible for Treasury activities including cash management, cash flow statements and bank reporting requirements under corporate debt arrangements.
Finance Strategy, Planning & Analysis
- Drive Financial Strategy and Planning approach and processes.
- Create the annual Financial Plan (quarterly and monthly) and forecasts for revenue, expenses, profitability and cash flows.
- Roll out department expense budgets.
- Maintain authorized jobs/headcount tracking and approvals in collaboration with Operations and HR.
- Review and enhance our key performance indicators (KPI’s) and provide benchmarking for the industry and competition.
- Expand our financial modeling of the business to drive key decision making for the 3-5 year plans.
- Participate in key initiatives and special projects as needed.
Tax, Audit & Compliance
- Work with tax advisors on the Company federal and state income taxes including tax return preparation, estimated tax payments and filings.
- Implement tax planning to optimize the effective tax rate in connection with the “S” Corp tax status.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal reporting requirements and filings including annual reports and business licenses.
- Complete annual audits on a timely basis working with the independent audit firm.
- Recruit quality talent for the Finance & Accounting function.
- Develop and retain talent to support the exciting growth and scaling up of the closerlook business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA.
- Minimum of 8+ years of management experience in a Finance/Accounting function.
- Background and experience with growth businesses in the professional services industry.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with the multiple functions in a shared services environment.
- Significant experience with financial planning and analysis, including forecasting processes and KPI’s.
- Goal and results oriented, success in managing through change and ambiguity in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills – the ability to synthesize, develop and present clear and concise recommendations.
- Great organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Integrity and a commitment to the highest possible ethical standards.