Digital ads drive over 100 billion phone calls to U.S. businesses every year… Surprisingly, the marketers who paid for those ads typically have zero insight into these customer interactions and conversions. As the market leader in call analytics and customer experience optimization, DialogTech provides data-driven marketers with an end-to-end call attribution and analytics platform. This enterprise-class solution delivers transparency and control over every conversation, so companies can optimize lead generation, map the full path to conversion, and increase sales conversions.
We are looking for a Director of Finance, reporting to the CFO, to direct the company’s Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) function. In this position, you will provide financial leadership to DialogTech's internal and external stakeholders. Success in this role will require you to be a trusted advisor to key decision makers, delivering clear reporting and persuasive analysis that will influence the management of the business. You will need to be business and technology savvy, intellectually curious, passionate about data and analysis, a superb communicator, and possess a drive to continually improve the performance of the financial function and the overall business.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Leading company-wide financial planning processes (budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning) - ensuring relevance, accuracy, and actionable insight.
- Developing and reporting progress against the company’s key financial metrics and operational KPIs and milestones, to ensure strategic objectives are met.
- Day-to-day ownership of significant aspects of DialogTech’s business analytics infrastructure, including ownership of critical financial planning and reporting systems, as well as DialogTech’s CRM system, in support of the Sales organization.
- Fostering a continuous improvement mentality toward DialogTech’s financial and business analytics processes - identifying and implementing improvements to efficiency and analytical insight, including implementation of new metrics, systems, and tools.
- Directly managing two financial professionals, helping them to grow professionally and to achieve top performance.
- Providing analytical support for ad hoc decision-making (new business models, M&A, product investment cases, commission plans, and the like).
What you will need to bring to the role:
- 8+ years of corporate finance experience of progressively increasing responsibility. Extensive prior experience managing FP&A responsibilities is essential.
- Demonstrable business acumen and financial perspective to provide insightful counsel to senior management. Ability to use fact-driven analysis to identify value drivers, issues, and opportunities for improvement across the business. MBA strongly preferred.
- A passion for data and analysis, with a desire to drive a metrics-driven culture throughout DialogTech. The successful candidate should possess the ability to proactively manage and enhance our systems landscape, including our financial systems (Adaptive Insights, Tableau, NetSuite), operational systems, and our CRM system (Salesforce), along with the integration between them.
- Strong working knowledge of financial accounting concepts is critical. CPA is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience delivering board-level reporting and analysis. Able to concisely communicate complex issues, with an actionable focus, to external and internal audiences alike.
- Experience in an enterprise software company, particularly with knowledge of SaaS-based business models and metrics, is strongly preferred. Experience working in digital marketing industry is a plus.
- Track record of past success in prioritizing multiple responsibilities and getting things done in the relatively unstructured environment of a growth-stage company.
- Able to balance a strong detail orientation with a need to “see the forest from the trees”.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills - proven ability to effectively drive collaborative, cross-functional initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or another analytical discipline.
Join us at one of the 101 Best and Brightest Places to Work in Chicago and nationally, 9 times running, Chicago Tribune's Top 100 Workplaces company and a 2017 Crain's Fast 50 company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.