Director of Finance at cohesion
Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
We are searching for a Director of Finance to join our rapidly growing team in our Chicago office. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining financial policies, procedures, controls and systems. They will ensure compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions and oversee planning and budgeting, accounting, accounts receivable and payables, and investor reporting.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and execute monthly financial reports
- Monitor performance against financial plans/updates/LBE’s and ensure management is advised on exposure issues
- Lead preparation of materials and documents for board meetings
- Establish and maintain adequate internal control procedures to ensure the integrity of the financial results and reporting.
- Implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting.
- Develop regular reporting and analysis, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required
- Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise
- Develop and monitor business KPIs/internal reporting metrics by department
- Manage annual and semi-annual budgeting process
- Prepare and distribute investor reports
- Manage outsourced accounting team and determine appropriate resource load
- Work with CEO to manage Employee Equity Incentive plans
- Manage annual financial audit process including 401k benefits audit and equity incentive audit
- 8-12 years of related experience financial and operating analysis, reporting and accounting leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Experience implementing financial controls
- Demonstrated experience with investor reporting
- MBA and/or CPA Preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience implementing accounting and financial controls
- Experience with cap table management and employee stock plans
- Experience with joint venture structures and finance models
What you can expect from Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, and 401k match
- Receiving a monthly cell phone and wellness stipend after 6 months of employment
- Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance.
- 2-way flexibility of work schedules
- Dressing for your day
- Working in an open environment with creative optional brainstorming sessions for all employees
- Participating in one all-employee lunch per month and one all-employee breakfast per month
- Enjoying family leave benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.