Director Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 75,000 today to millions.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this newly created role will be instrumental in the future success of ActiveCampaign. The finance team is growing significantly & we see the Director of FP&A as a key player in that growth.
What your day could consist of:
- Build and own the annual / quarterly budgeting process.
- Integrate this process with the corporate goal setting process in conjunction with the executive team.
- Forecast key metrics at the start of each quarter (“call the quarter”). Forecasting should be at a level acceptable to public / institutional investors.
- Own the planning software (Adaptive Insights). Continue to build out its functionality, making it more detailed and powerful.
- Manage the relationship with outside consulting firm that is implementing the tool. Integrate the planning software with additional software packages.
- Manage a growing team of financial analysts charged with analyzing, forecasting, and improving individual business units. Coach team members on how to be a finance business partner.
- Act as key resource for private and public offerings: prepare and manage diligence materials. Create decks and other material as necessary.
- Serve as a liaison to investors preparing requested financial analyses and models.
- Review financial documents sent externally
What you'll need:
- 4 year college degree
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in investment banking, sell-side research, buy-side, corporate finance, and/or investor relations including some public company experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities including building high performing teams
- Outstanding financial and investment analysis skills, oral and written communication skills, and presentation ability
- Deal effectively with ambiguities and be able to manage multiple projects through completion, often under tight deadlines, with frequently changing priorities and minimal supervision
- Superb analytical skills and executive presence
- Clear understanding of financial modeling techniques used by security analysts to project a company’s operating and financial performance and the resulting value for the company
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Understanding of the financial and investment markets and the ability to establish new relationships
- Expert communicator in all forms: written, verbal, presentation
- Prior experience in SaaS, software, or high-growth technology companies
- Experience with Intacct and Adaptive Insights a plus
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description