“I am excited about all of the new initiatives gaining traction and resulting in meaningful growth for TransUnion” – TODD CELLO
Overview of role:
This role manages all aspects of the forecasting and planning processes for TransUnion. This individual is responsible for developing, building, and compiling long-term strategic financial planning model. He/she regularly engages with TransUnion senior management on the strategy and implementation of forecasts, operating plans and long-term financial projects and goals. This individual also serves as a key player in creation of quarterly earnings materials for public releases. The candidate must be capable of handling large and complex tasks and projects independently, with the ability to leverage knowledge of finance processes, procedures and systems. He/she will manage a team of three to five associates.
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 8-10 years of professional accounting or finance experience with 2-3 years in a supervisory or management role
- CPA or MBA designation is not required, but is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills, at a summary and detailed level
- Able to manage and ensure completion of a wide variety of tasks/responsibilities
- Good understanding of fundamental accounting and finance principles with the ability to apply them correctly
- Proficiency in Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of Hyperion and PeopleSoft or similar systems
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with internal contacts across all levels of the organization
- Able to work in a team environment, as well as individually
Impact you’ll make:
- Develops, builds and maintains processes, systems and outputs for forecasts, operating plans and long-term plans. Monitors the effectiveness and makes improvements as needs of the business change.
- Performs analysis on forecasts and plans ensuring reasonableness and fulfillment of overall company growth objectives.
- Works directly with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and other senior management team members in storyboarding and preparation of quarterly financial planning presentations to TransUnion’s Board of Directors.
- Effectively communicates across Finance & Accounting and with senior leadership in managing, compiling and presenting forecasts, operating plans and long term plans.
- Partners with the systems team to ensure forecasting and planning systems are working properly and are regularly updated to support the needs of the business.
- Responsible for creating, issuing and updating monthly management reporting.
- Creates and updates public guidance and supplemental schedules providing key financial analysis and metrics for the quarterly earnings release.
- Widely considered a key contributor in other related financial planning projects. Responsible for teaming with executive management to present key financial findings to help shape TransUnion’s business strategy.
- Prepares other high-level reports and completes or assists in special projects as required.
- Has supervisory responsibility involving work delegation, staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training, and developing direct reports
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.