Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and can make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Opportunity: We are seeking an experienced, and highly motivated, Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) interested in contributing to the success of an exciting and fast-moving company. This role will require you to be a hands-on leader with the goal of driving a best-in-class FP&A team and excited to be a trusted business partner to the business.
This is an excellent opportunity for a forward-looking individual to leverage their understanding of financial data, and drivers, to drive data decision making as the company grows. Additionally, this role will provide the opportunity for an individual keen to add value and form a world class team. This position reports to the Vice President of Finance.
A Day in the Life:
- Maintain and update a rolling forecast (income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows) model to provide an ongoing forward view of projected performance, based on actual performance to date and up-to-date assumptions.
- Become the company expert on ARR and retention metrics and partnering with the Customer Success team to forecast future results with the goal to maximize customer retention.
- Continually adapt and improve reporting and KPI's.
- Work cross functionally to identify risks and opportunities to the outlook in a timely manner and development of plan to close any gaps and leverage any opportunities.
- Analyze complex financial information to provide accurate and timely financial reporting to functional leaders to drive data-based decision making across the company.
- Provides support to senior functional leaders on analysis, problem solving and decision-making that support business strategy.
- Lead and manage the annual budget process, working closely with each department to build a bottoms-up budget.
- Prepare financial models and support the business in assessment of potential M&A activity.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete onboarding process.
- Meet with functional leaders to learn more about the company and determine how to be an effective partner.
- Meet, and evaluate, your team and learn the intricoes of our business and the direction we are heading.
- Familiarize yourself with the financial systems (NetSuite and Salesforce), legal structure of the company and chart of accounts.
- A general understanding of the high-priority projects on the horizon.
- Gain an understanding of the current state of the forecasting process.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with Tableau to drive ARR reporting and identify other areas this tool can be leveraged.
- Improved the monthly financial reporting process to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Assumed ownership of the 13-week cash forecasting process.
- Working with V.P. of Finance, identify a tool for automated budgeting and forecasting.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Have evaluated current forecasting process and developed a plan for improvement. This includes all financial statements and ARR reporting.
- Identify opportunities to become more efficient through automation.
- Lead all recurring board and lender reporting.
- Working with V.P. of Finance, fully implement the budgeting and forecasting tool.
- Undergraduate degree with focus in Finance or Accounting
- Proficient in US GAAP
- FP&A experience with prior industry experience (SaaS background preferred)
- Strong Excel skills including financial modelling experience.
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels (finance and non-financial).
- High attention to detail; works accurately and quickly and has good organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines including ability to manage multiple tasks to completion at the same time.
- Strong project management skills
- A strong desire to keep learning new things!
What Sets us Apart?
- Opportunity to make a difference in a rapidly growing company.
- You will be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills.
- Great health benefits, PTO, and holiday policies.
- Casual and flexible work environment.