At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Reporting to the CFO, this position will lead Paylocity’s internal audit function. The Director will collaborate with business partners / business units to test and continuously improve Paylocity’s operations and controls, and will work with the executive team, the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, and with third party service providers to ensure alignment and execution of the internal audit charter within the business. The leader of this function is responsible for the design and effectiveness of Paylocity’s internal audit plans and processes to identify, understand and mitigate business risks within a high growth public tech company. This is a new role at Paylocity, and the Director will be responsible for standing up the internal audit function, and assessing the staffing and support needs of the function, while building the relationships across the business to ensure organizational support and collaboration.
- Oversee and participate in multiple audit frameworks in order to meet compliance requirements including SOX, ISO, SSAE 18 and others as relevant
- Implement approved audit plans including any special projects requested by executive management
- Oversee/manage the annual IT audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, ensuring appropriate coverage of IT risks
- Develop the strategic internal audit function roadmap with sr. management
- Report periodically to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on progress around key initiatives, status of internal audits and other business matters
- Collaborate on the design of IT security and controls, as required
- Further develop monitoring capabilities to identify risks in the IT and business environment
- Manage audit co-sourcing relationships with external service provider(s)
- Evaluate emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing
- Monitor developments in professional and regulatory areas and recommend changes in audit and internal control strategies as appropriate
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of audit approaches, including benchmarking with others, and implement improvements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Accounting / Finance preferred
- At least 10 years of audit experience required, including time with public accounting firms, and within a company’s internal audit function
- Internal audit experience at a publicly traded company
- Software / technology industry experience preferred
- Experience building an internal audit function and leading teams
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required; Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation from the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or similar a plus
- Understanding of internal control principles and various frameworks (COSO/SOX, CobIT, ITIL or other internal control models)
- Knowledge of SSAE audits (SOC I/II, Trust Principles) and ISO certification principles
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.