Director, Investor Relations at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Financial Operations
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. The Finance Team is focused on bridging the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience based on the digital asset economy.
The Role: Director, Investor Relations
Gemini is looking for a Director of Investor Relations to join our Finance organization. We are looking for a candidate with a deep understanding of capital markets, valuation, technology company growth metrics, and institutional investors. The potential candidate should have the ability to lead the development of a robust investor relations strategy and framework for Gemini. Our ideal candidate is a quick learner with a passion for innovative technologies, who is dedicated to advancing the mission of Gemini as well as the cryptocurrency industry.
- Lead the development of a robust investor relations strategy and framework for Gemini
- Be a spokesperson for Gemini within the investor community and engage with investors and the sell-side. Clearly articulate Gemini’s strategy, progress against KPIs, and financial performance to the investor community, thereby providing investors with accurate, useful, and relevant information about Gemini.
- Collect and communicate feedback from the investor community to Gemini’s Leadership and Board
- Partner with Marketing, Communications, and other teams in the development of external investor messaging relating to company strategy, announcements, and any other events
- Work with Product, Engineering, and Strategy to understand & articulate our product strategy, feature enhancements, and technology
- Prepare and maintain accurate consensus models, valuation analysis, and other materials as needed
- Lead regular meetings with the investment community to discuss key topics. Monitor and report on industry and peer company information and practices by tracking research reports, news, earnings calls and other relevant resources
- Coordinate workflows across functional teams, such as finance, legal, product and marketing, to gather information in preparation for investor and executive presentations.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and senior executives to develop financial press releases, Q&A documents, and other relevant materials.
- Provide strategic counsel to the senior leadership team, finance department, communications team, and others on all IR activities.
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: investor relations, investment banking, management consulting, equity research i
- Experience interacting with the investment community, including buy- and sell-side analysts, key shareholders, financial media, and potential shareholders
- Deep understanding of financial modeling, valuation, investing, and investment management landscape - particularly within the financial services, fintech, & consumer tech industries.
- Possess a strong network of investment community relationships, including investors, analysts, rating agencies, and financial media
- Experience in (or on behalf of) a fast growing tech company
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.