“TransUnion is committed to finding innovative ways information can be used to help businesses and consumers make smarter decisions.” - Chris Cartwright, President of USIS
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- A team with dynamic blend of experiences in financial services and credit risk management that prides itself on ability to create and execute business strategy and to bring innovative ideas and solutions to market.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- Solid organizational skills and high degree of comfort managing multiple assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record for completing assignments on time
- Experience working with senior-level managers and executives
- Desire to produce high quality work
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and independent thinking
- Positive “can do” self-starter attitude
- High level of competency with Excel
We’d love to see:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, engineering, economics (or relevant work experience)
- MBA from a top-tier university highly desired (but not required)
- 6-8 years professional experience in an analytical and quantitative position
- Prior management consulting experience highly desired (but not required)
Impact you’ll make:
- You will contribute to TransUnion’s efforts to grow its U.S. Consumer Lending line of business, which includes the categories of unsecured personal finance (including FinTech lenders), student lending, and retail secured finance, as well as solutions for smaller lenders.
- You will contribute to the creation and maintenance of the business strategy for the Consumer Lending line of business by working on key initiatives:
- You will be involved in projects that will include new product innovation, customer insights development, go to market strategies and quantitative analysis utilizing our consumer credit database in support of new initiatives. The team will also be opportunistically involved in sourcing and vetting M&A opportunities
- You will manage projects as the key point person for development of project plans, coordination of tasks, assignment and oversight of project activities for cross-functional teams, and active prioritization across multiple priorities
- You will prepare for and facilitate meetings and presentations, summarizing and documenting meeting results. You will also provide next steps on outstanding issues and assign tasks for relevant participants
- You will become the trusted advisor to business partners and key stakeholders:
- You will build trust with business partners (e.g., IT, Sales, Marketing), customers, key decision makers, and project sponsors, leveraging these relationships to develop and maintain an industry perspective. Insights from these partners will help drive innovation, product, service and sales ideas across key customer segments.
- Develop industry insights:
- You will conduct general market research activities by collecting and analyzing data to better describe our organization, the industries we serve, as well as our customers and business partners
- You will build a solid understanding of the internal and external data sources available to fuel research projects and support/ refute key hypotheses
- You will maintain awareness of current industries trends through industry publications, company press releases, and various forms of primary research – and use that information to formulate hypotheses about the future state of the industry
- Draw insights from data analysis:
- You will mine internal data for key customer trends and business opportunities
- You will develop forecasting models (with different assumptions and scenarios) to support growth initiatives
- You will translate qualitative information (through surveys, focus groups and one-on-one interviews) into fact-based results, leading to actionable recommendations
- Present conclusions and recommendations to key decision makers:
- You will contribute to the annual 3 year plan, taking ownership of key sections (e.g., market perspectives, sizing of key initiatives, articulation of key project objectives)
- You will define and create meaningful business cases to support new products and other growth initiatives based on a fact-based, analytically-driven approach
- You will create client- and executive-ready materials for the purpose of delivering (and reinforcing) key messages and making key decisions with stakeholders
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.