Director of Pricing at Walgreens
The Director of CPRx Pricing will lead the pricing strategy and execution for the CPRx segment, including setting the consumer prices for Walgreens Prescription Savings Club and Retail Cash and aligning these to third party Discount Card partnerships. Goal is to improve forcasted GP by:
- Developing and operationalizing a new Rx pricing capability with the ability to deliver incremental benefit to the bottom line through pricing strategy and execution
- Set up and operationalize a pilot pricing process focused on the top 1000 market drugs in the first 90 days leveraging competitive price intelligence and Walgreens performance as key measures
- Establish pilot changes and clear metrics for performance to drive a continuous improvement cycle and quick wins in the first 180 days
- Bring new Pricing Performance excellence skills to the team in the first year including Price Elasticity, basket pricing, etc. working to utilize your own knowledge, internal analytics partners and external support where required
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with key cross-functional partners (Contracting, Finance and Pricing Operations) in order to evolve drug level pricing governance and oversee it's execution in the first 180 days
- Leads Company approach, key decisions, and execution in a Healthcare segment. Directs segment planning for assigned segment in Company planning cycle.
- Ensures delivery of assigned segment P&L. Contributes input to budget setting process, adjusting forecast, and strategy to meet/exceed plan. Provides input to top-down revenue, investment, and profit targets related to the segment.
- Partners with Account Team leadership to ensure execution of major account team plans developed by Account team are aligned with assigned Healthcare segment priorities.
- Leads business team participation in for development/ access initiatives in segment, including internal preparation, external engagement with clients, delivery (working with relevant account team, as applicable).
- Responsible for ensuring execution of segment strategies with pull through for all retail offerings to ensure maximum revenue growth for the Company.
- Guides and utilizes marketing pharmacy insights group to obtain customer-driven metrics to identify product and services that are both feasible and profitable for the Company. Makes data-driven decisions on when/where to scale-up proof-of-concept differentiated customer products and services. Ensures data flow of research from several channels, including patients, payers, and healthcare providers.
- Prioritizes and selects investment areas for new value propositions; Direct Segment Initiatives, Value Proposition, and/or Operation teams to ensure delivery. Ensures value proposition development aligns to strategy. Drives execution on products and services while utilizing common product/service platforms, where possible.
- Refines the targeted patient experience for designated segment across Company channels, balancing segment value potential and cost-to-serve. Leads evaluation of the actual experience in each channel and provide input to channel leaders as needed to enhance the patient experience.
- May represent the Company at professional, business, government, and/or civic organizations to ensure that the Company is perceived favorably as a company and as a valued business partner to the healthcare continuum. Serves as subject matter expert proactively provides perspectives and ideas on current and emerging key issues affecting segment.
- Monitors P&L for segment from budget to delivery, intervening to guide cross-functional actions that correct performance, where necessary.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience in the healthcare industry within functions which could include sales, marketing, branding, finance, national accounts, operations, contracting AND/OR management consulting OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in the healthcare industry within functions which could include sales, marketing, branding, finance, national accounts, operations, contracting AND/OR management consulting.
- At least 3 years of experience developing/supporting strategic business plans for business segments or key accounts.
- Experience presenting to and partnering with internal and/or external executives at vice president level.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and/or managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience of direct team leadership or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree/MBA.
- Experience in data-driven problem solving performing "zero-defect" quantitative analysis that is communicated in a clear and compelling story that changes behavior
- Experience developing new pricing models and strategies
- SQL and SAS programming efficiency; data visualization (e.g. Tableau) proficiency
- Experience delivering presentations to internal and external audiences of 30 or more people.
- Experience presenting to and partnering with internal and/or external senior executives (c-suite).
- Experience working in contracting, sales, finance, strategy, or another commercially oriented role at a managed care or PBM payer.
- Experience leading pricing analysis or operations.