Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover is a large banking organization subject to supervision and examination by the Federal Reserve, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The Director, Head of Regulatory Relations will lead a team of regulatory relations professionals and be responsible for the management of supervisory examinations and inquiries, regulatory agency supervisory meetings with Discover executives and administration of enterprise processes related to regulatory findings and regulatory communications of company developments.
The Discover, Regulatory Relations role is a highly visible role and the successful candidate will have significant experience either at, or engaging with, the federal banking agencies and strong communications and management skills.
- Developing and advising on supervisory strategies
- Maintaining strong relationships with bank regulatory agencies
- Leadership of team of regulatory relations professionals
- Primary point of contact with supervisory teams at the federal banking agencies
- Management and coordination of supervisory examinations
- Management of miscellaneous inquiries and requests from the supervisory agencies, including the calendar of periodic meetings with senior management
- Board and Senior Management reporting on supervisory activities and developments
- Maintaining programs for administration of regulatory findings and disclosures
- Bachelor’s degree required. Higher education preferred.
- 8+ years working at a federal banking agency or at a banking organization with responsibility for regulatory relations matters.
- People management experience.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.