Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is seeking a high performing Director, Financial Services Strategic Digital Consulting focused on identifying, selling, and leading digital and CX modernization projects for the Financial Services industry. The Director, Strategic Digital Consulting will translate complex business challenges into tangible opportunities for improvement that drive growth for our clients and grow Epsilon strategic services and organization-wide revenue and profitability.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a combination of interactive direct marketing, digital product management, and quantitative analytic skills, a proven background in financial services, specifically with retail banking, wealth management, and credit card industry expertise. Top candidates will also have consulting experience (internal or external) helping clients improve, optimize and/or transform digital marketing performance. This strategy leader will need to possess an understanding of business opportunities within the financial services industry to establish relationships as a trusted strategic advisor to both the client and internal account teams.
The Work You’ll Do
You will lead client consulting engagements for Epsilon’s financial service clients, collaborating in the cultivation and execution of marketing strategy engagements that create business value for clients and generate growth for Epsilon. You will:
- Support senior marketing executive relationships as a trusted strategic advisor for Epsilon clients
- Work closely with multi-practice Strategists, Analytics, Client Services, Enterprise Sales, and Delivery teams to collaborate in designing and executing data-driven CX modernization strategies
- Use your curiosity to continue to evolve your knowledge of digital marketing best practices and apply it to address our client’s complex digital marketing challenges.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and strategic objectives as well as overall trends within the industry, including leading and emerging competitors, product offerings, and CX strategies.
- Advise on how to drive client results through data-driven insights and program design, based on an understanding of marketing channels and how they interact to drive customer experiences in the financial services relationships.
- Identify and leverage strategic frameworks to develop CX strategies through the use of segmentation, targeting, channels, offers, messaging, testing, and measurement with a focus on delivering customer growth and loyalty.
- Design omni-channel strategies and deliver campaigns across email, mobile, social, web and offline channels to create personalized customer experiences.
- Create high quality, polished documents and deliverables using PowerPoint and other applications as needed and share deliverables and knowledge with clients and across financial services team, Strategic Consulting group, and Epsilon as appropriate.
- Support client growth by identifying opportunities and associated business requirements for new data-driven strategies, programs, products, and technology.
- Partner with sales and internal teams to respond to requests for proposals across Epsilon’s services calling upon strategic skills to assess client or prospect business and marketing challenges.
- This is an individual contributor role with the longer-term potential to lead a team of senior strategic consultants and subject matter experts to define and solve business challenges for clients through strategy engagements
- Financial services digital product or digital marketing experience, specifically with retail banking, wealth management, and payments industry expertise.
- A minimum of 8+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree required and a MBA or master's degree equivalent is preferred.
- Familiar with best of breed digital marketing tools including social media monitoring, business intelligence, campaign management, digital analytics, content management, and offer management.
- Familiar with analytical techniques and the ability to manipulate, analyze, and visualize data to reveal trends in program performance.
- Structured thinker with a background in using frameworks and methodical steps to identify work stream approaches. Ability to use key consulting frameworks and concepts to communicate rationale and recommendations.
- Honed consulting leadership and presentation skills with the ability to develop and deliver complex communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Success in playing a leading role within a matrixed organization. Talented in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Expert-level software knowledge including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and project management software.
- Proactive self-starter with high level of initiative and ability to direct a virtual / matrixed team on multiple concurrent projects, and ensure follow-through while delivering high quality to Epsilon clients.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.