SpotHero is rapidly growing and we’re looking for a Director, Strategic Finance to join our FP&A team. Reporting directly to the CFO, this is a highly-visible and impactful role within the finance team. You will lead our strategic finance activities by evaluating and prioritizing investments, assisting with M&A and corporate development, as well as capital raising and strategic planning endeavors. You are a strategic, operationally-minded leader with expert financial modeling skills and a business partner mindset. You will be joining a high-performing, fast-paced team whose mission is to be the trusted strategic advisor to the business, driving growth and scale through innovation and partnership.
Sounds like your jam? We can’t wait to hear from you!
Who we are
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will get to do
- Build and manage our investor-facing financial model used for our long-term planning, capital raising, and investor communications.
- Establish financial comps / benchmarks to peers to create higher standards of performance, fostering mutual understanding and accountability that delivers expected business results.
- Lead Investor Relations function, helping with financings as well as preparation of Board of Director materials.
- Partner with our Business Analytics and leadership teams to evolve KPIs, ensuring measurement of key performance drivers and leading indicators.
- Work closely with senior leadership on an ongoing basis to evolve overall strategy, evaluate risks and strategic scenarios, providing knowledge of financial drivers, risks, sensitivities, trade-offs, and opportunities.
- Structure, build, and maintain complex financial models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations while supporting M&A and corporate development activities.
- Challenge existing norms or courses of action, facilitating informed decision-making and helping the business “connect the dots.” Create constructive friction by asking the right questions and challenging assumptions as we continue to grow and scale.
Who you are
- Strategic. You consider the big picture when leading the team and driving impact.
- Analytical. You work with teams and big data to produce meaningful insights.
- Organized. You organize and prioritize your work and your team’s work effectively.
- Diligent. You are extremely detail oriented and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Dynamic. You embody resilience, drive, and energy that radiates throughout all interactions.
- Team player. You are a collaborator and passionate about building a high performing team.
What you bring
- 10+ years of experience in Finance, with at least 5+ years in a corporate FP&A function, investment banking, private equity, or strategic finance management consulting.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a highly analytical and inquisitive work style and a keen attention to detail while also having ability to see the big picture.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop a shared understanding of the direction of the business across its most critical metrics.
- You are an expert when it comes to Excel modeling, and creating three-statement reporting and analysis.
- You have solid accounting knowledge (including GAAP).
- You have a degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. An MBA is strongly preferred.
Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you + hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we offer
- Career game changer – a truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Top notch benefits:
- In the US we cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, matching 401K, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada, we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD, and very soon matched RRSP
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work-life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Annual parking stipend (we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
Please note: this position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.