Director of Tax at GoHealth
The newly created Director of Tax role will report to the Chief Accounting Officer and is responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of the company’s tax functions, including tax accounting and reporting, tax compliance and tax planning and strategy. As a new public company, we are creating this critical role to support the company’s growth, to work collaboratively with third-party service providers and to build an internal tax team to balance workload and leverage outside expertise.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
- Manage and review timely consolidated US GAAP tax provision calculations in accordance with ASC 740 and related footnotes and disclosures, including preparation and/or review of effective tax rate, tax balance sheet accounts and uncertain tax positions.
- Prepare and coordinate tax related close processes including provision entries and provision memos.
- Coordinate and/or prepare supporting schedules for external auditor review and coordinate with the audit team on audit procedures.
- Prepare tax rate analyses for internal quarterly reporting and flux explanation to management and audit committee.
- Manage and review tax compliance for federal, state income/franchise tax, property tax, and state and local sales and use tax.
- Research, analyze, evaluate and implement planning ideas with respect to tax return filing positions and organization structure.
- Design, implement and manage tax controls in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Manage or lead annual companywide R&D credit study.
- Coordinate and manage tax audits including state and federal jurisdictions.
- Research, interpret and apply federal, state and local tax laws
- Work closely with other functions within the company, including legal, financial reporting, accounting, and financial, planning and analysis.
- Manage, build and foster relationships with various constituencies, including internal business resources, especially senior management, external tax consultants and external auditors.
- Manage third-party service providers for exceptional delivery and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in tax required.
- CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, preferably with a mix of public accounting and public company environment.
- Strong ASC 740 / financial reporting knowledge required.
- Strong relationship builder who knows how to proactively identify opportunities or problems, facilitates understanding and solution development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with executive presence, with proven ability to present and explain complex tax information to diverse audiences.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to direct and control overall organizational resources.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer