EDGAR Filing Specialist - Remote (2nd Shift) at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Under the direction of team lead, process documents for electronic filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) Electronic Data Gathering Analysis and Retrieval (EDGAR) system on behalf of Donnelley Financial Solutions clients.
- Read, review, comprehend and complete customer requests as specified.
- Research and compile data needed to prepare electronic filing of SEC form types, EDGAR filings and other financial compliance documents.
- Follow detailed workflow processes to complete tasks.
- Ensure final documents are complete and ready for electronic submission to the SEC.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to understand SEC form types including but not limited to: o Definition of form types o Rules and regulations governing these form types o How and when each form type is required to be filed (deadlines) o Definition of fields in each form type o Know and understand the formats each form type can file in (HTML, XML, PDF, TXT, XBRL, JPG, GIF, etc.) o Know the components of each form type and understand when components are missing or omitted
- Must learn, comprehend and understand EDGAR related definitions and terminology.
- Must be a self-learner and aggressively seek to learn more about EDGAR.
- Must be able to answer EDGAR questions.
- Requires very good knowledge of general administrative operations procedures and knowledge of how to use job specific processes to successfully execute and complete duties of the job.
- Requires the ability to follow company policies and procedures to understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and how it impacts other departments within the company.
- Must have an excellent working and user knowledge of computer and software skills to include: MS Office MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF or other programs in order to complete duties successfully.
- Must learn and become proficient with the DFIN suite of proprietary filing tools.
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to respond to request, explain processes, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments.
- Requires excellent organizational skills sufficient to accomplish tasks by established deadlines as well as the ability to coordinate phases of work with other team members.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays, if required.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected] #BI-Remote