Optiver’s Equity Options Trading team is looking for an Equity Analyst to drive our fundamental research driven trading. Ideal candidates will have a self-starter and competitive mentality, and are excited by the opportunity to bring their knowledge and skills to a growing team.
As an Equity Analyst you will be responsible for leveraging current events and your research experience to impact the team’s trading decisions. As a member of our Equity Options Trading Team, you will work in close collaboration with Traders, Researchers and Data Scientists to creatively solve problems and identify new trading opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Identify event-driven trade opportunities and work with traders to capture these opportunities, focusing on maximizing your impact on overall desk PnL
- Perform scenario analysis for relevant upcoming events and analyze time sensitive headlines for companies within your coverage sector(s) and predict their influence on volatility and/or stock price
- Assist in the growth of our fundamental research team through various avenues (i.e. creating processes to monetize fundamental-driven trading ideas)
What you’ll need:
- At least three years of work experience within the equities space
- Solid understanding of fundamental research and factors that impact company valuation
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, CFA is a plus
- Experience with various corporate actions a plus
- Computer programming skills are a plus
- The ability to communicate clearly, think independently and work collaboratively
- The willingness to teach others and learn new techniques
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.