Equity Analyst at IMC Trading
LIFE AT IMC AS EQUITY ANALYST
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
Are you someone who is passionate about the current environment within equities/options trading? Do you enjoy the process of researching and predicting how equities and derivatives would react in certain scenarios? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
If so, then consider IMC as an Equity Analyst. Why? Because here your decisions have direct impact on the company’s trading profits and we’re a place where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognized and rewarded. We’re seeking someone with a strong background as an equities analyst to work with our Equity Options team. As an equities analyst, your input will impact positions we put on and the ways we manage risk around certain market events.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide real-time news analysis to traders, including potential impact.
- Help maintain a database of events and option pricing inputs.
- Construct possible outcomes for both short and medium term equity moving events.
- Keep up to date with Biotech, Healthcare, Financials, Energy, and Industrial sector research.
- Understand the possible risks for certain equity positions by providing due diligence on existing positions and keep abreast of major Macro events.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3-5 years’ experience as an equity analyst/associate (sell-side/trading environment preferred).
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors: Healthcare, Biotech, Financials, Energy or Industrials is a plus.
- Comfort working with incomplete information, utilizing quantitative information as available but able supplement with qualitative insight.
- Experience with programming in Python, R or Matlab is a plus.
- Options knowledge including understanding of the Greeks is a plus.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving and competitive environment.
- Desire to work in a team environment is a must.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.