Equity Operations Specialist at ThinkMarkets
ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking an Equity Operations Specialist to join our growing team. ThinkMarkets is a global multi-asset brokerage that services a diverse group of clients across FX, Index, Commodity, and Equity markets. We leverage cutting-edge technology to offer traders access to our proprietary trading platforms that tap into liquidity from a variety of banks, hedge funds, and other liquidity networks.
In the role of Equity Operations Specialist, you will work closely with internal trading, risk, compliance, and technology teams to lead the buildout and ongoing administration of a growing offering in physical (cash) equities.
A main focus will be on the buildout of both fully-disclosed and omnibus brokerage structures for different internal organizations, depending on the regulatory regime. Candidates will need familiarity with both setups and the corresponding considerations in enough detail to coordinate the development of the most efficient framework for both. You should understand an equity trade lifecycle – from account opening to execution to the back office trade capture and reconciliations.
- Support of commercial review and negotiation of clearing agreements
- Liaise with internal compliance as SME for regulatory filings. Willingness to act as person of record with regulators as necessary
- Trade execution – manage SOR, oversight and governance of executing brokers
- Ensure proper handling of corporate actions and related entitlements
- Trade capture for all products related to the desks’ activity – equity trades (cash and futures) are the primary focus, scope includes fixed income, FX, swaps and options
- Trade and position reconciliation with clearing firms, prime brokers and bilateral counterparties
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 4+ years of professional experience in trading-related area, middle or back office
- A background in Global equities; ideally with exposure to supporting other ancillary products at a proprietary trading firm, hedge fund or other buy-side organization
- Experience of daily recs and exchange settlement
- Hands-on experience negotiating payment for order flow is a plus.
- Disciplined self-starter with ability to make well-balanced decisions and solve problems under pressure
- Good communication skills and the confidence to professionally challenge other’s ideas and opinions
- Experience with trading systems on a technical level