Title: Equity Research Analyst
As a research analyst at Wolverine, you will work with a team of experienced traders and analysts to identify actionable opportunities in options markets. You will be responsible for highlighting catalysts that impact individual securities as well as collaborating with traders to manage broader portfolio risk around macroeconomic events. As a member of the Equity Options desk, you’ll find yourself immersed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where each day will present a new set of challenges.
At Wolverine, we pride ourselves on fostering a collegial environment that encourages you to flex your creative thinking abilities through informal discussion, allows for prompt feedback, and gives you the opportunity to assume increasing responsibilities. Benefits include the ability to participate in our rigorous education program designed to provide a core understanding of derivatives and financial markets.
- Produce in-depth fundamental research across a variety of industries.
- Identify and analyze dependencies and/or relationships among stocks.
- Provide real-time feedback on breaking news, as well as in-depth scenario analyses ahead of known events.
- Proactively generate ideas regarding macro/sector/company-specific catalysts utilizing quantitative information and qualitative insights.
- Articulate key themes, opportunities, and risks across the trading team.
- Experience with fundamental company research.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Prior experience in equity and event-driven research preferred; options knowledge a plus.
- Self-starter that can resourcefully solve problems.
- Desire to work in a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively while under pressure.
Wolverine, founded in 1994, is a diversified financial institution specializing in proprietary trading, order execution services, and technology solutions. Wolverine is recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, Wolverine takes pride in serving the interests of both its clients and colleagues. Wolverine is headquartered in Chicago with offices in New York and San Francisco and a proprietary trading affiliate office located in London.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.