About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
- Assisting our Sales and Operational partners in structuring loans upfront.
- Review of credit escalations, review of credit exceptions, and assistance in the restructuring of loans relevant to credit qualification.
- Must work East Coast hours.
** MUST have 5 years of Underwriting experience with DE certification.
- Ability to meet production, quality and service standards along with providing direct coaching and feedback to ensure quality.
- Proven ability to perform quality work while maintaining productivity and compliance standards.
- Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review complex financial documents.
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines, federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
- Ability to underwrite self-employed borrowers, tax returns, business returns etc.
Additional or Preferred Education/Experience:
- Conventional and government underwriting experience (VA, USDA and FHA) for a minimum of 5 years.
- Preferred VA LAPP.
- Sense of Urgency, Organization, Thoroughness, Financial Skills, Financial Software, Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information, General Math Skills, Informing Others, Reporting Skills, Research Skills and Financial Diagnosis.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-BB1