Field Finance Manager - Walnut Creek Office - Remote at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.Job Description
The Field Finance Manager directly supports the Field Office Finance Director and indirectly supports the Leadership Team, the Extended Leadership Team, and Owner Operators through developing critical financial analysis and recommendations consistent with McDonald's financial policies and philosophies.
There will be regular travel to the Walnut Creek, CA Field Office expected, due to the position being considered remote. Estimated travel will be 15-20% over the course of the year.
- Drive improvement in franchisee financial health and ownership strategy execution
- Review overall Owner/Operator Financial health, to proactively identify potential issues that may affect financial health and evaluate and/or propose strategies to mitigate risks with the ultimate goal to drive business growth
- Monitor and analyze individual Owner/Operator financial health and provide recommendations for improvements/options
- Coordinate with the appropriate Center of Expertise (COE) the financial component of the Owner/Operator Business review process, review the assessment provided by the COE of the Financial Viability Standard component of the Business Review
- Provide financial perspective to the Franchising Function to support the Franchise Vision
- Coordinate with the COE Sale-By-Operator proposals, review and provide recommendations for approval and determine any down payment required to meet financial screens
- Monitor, report and analyze Franchisees’ financial position and profitability (COAR, SPT, etc.).
- Manage the development/analysis of strategies in support of national programs in partnership with Regional leadership and the Center
- Identify gaps between business trends and regional targets so adjustments and additional tactics can be identified to achieve goals, and prepare financial analysis of proposed gap closing initiatives •Influence Owner/Operators to be aligned with the strategies
- Presentations to Co-Ops, other Owner/Operator meetings, regional management teams Application of Economic policies and partnering initiatives
- Assess reasonableness of Development deals with respect to local market knowledge, affordability, and split of profitability/returns
- Coach and consult with non-financial customers to translate proposed business strategies and tactics into Operating Income / Restaurant Cash Flow, and provide financial support to Regional Strategic Teams.
- Execute all Finance processes assigned to the region, liaise with National Field Finance (NFF) and the Center for various transactions based on the current requirements of the finance processes Maintain strong internal controls and fulfill fiduciary responsibilities
- Adherence to policies including expenses, spending approvals and authorizations
- Accurate reportingQualifications
•BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance
•5 to 7+ years of accounting and/or finance experience Preferred Qualifications:
•Highest integrity and ethics
•CPA and/or MBA preferred
•Real estate development and/or franchise experience a plus
•Strong computer and Excel skills;
•Proven ability to impact and influence others
•Strong interpersonal skills to interact with various disciplines and levels
•Experience leading and working well within a team
•Exceptional organizational skills and experience working independently
•Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an effective balance of the detail and big picture
•Excellent communication skills with experience effectively expressing ideas, both verbal and written
•Effective & engaging presenterAdditional Information
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.