WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands including Priceline, Sprint, RVA Media Group, and The Basement agency.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). This position and all of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Finance & Strategy department at Centro is tasked with helping the executive leadership team evaluate the business and its long-term corporate strategy with a focus on increasing enterprise value. Projects and responsibilities will span across company-wide departments to create meaningful analytics and KPIs that support the strategic decisions of the organization through sound financial modeling and analysis.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will work directly with the Manager, Finance & Strategy as well as various executives and department leads, evaluating the strategic initiatives of the organization. Projects will focus on improving enterprise value through identifying areas of operational efficiency and organizational alignment which will be benchmarked against competitors and eventually influence our long-term planning and capital allocation. You will contribute by:
- Supporting a wide range of strategic analysis rooted in modeling and analytics in order to drive data-based decision making to increase our financial, operational and growth goals
- Tracking and maintaining company-wide revenue, financial, and operational KPIs that influence our long-term business and financial model
- Conducting market research and analysis to support the strategic planning process – i.e., industry trends, competitive landscape, etc.
- Working cross-functionally with operations, finance, marketing, sales, and services to assist in the development of strategic projects and implementation of operational improvements
- Preparing thoughtful presentations and reports for executives, board members, and department leadership with insights and go-forward recommendations on company strategy
- Gaining trust of leadership organization and act as a strategic sounding board on complex business considerations
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2+ years of work experience with a strong background in finance and strategy (Investment Banking, Consulting, Corporate Development, VC/PE or FP&A at a rapidly growing company)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and financial modeling
- Sound understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- A background that indicates that you can break down highly complex problems and understand the financial and non-financial impacts on strategic analyses
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Extreme attention to detail
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.