Finance and Strategy Associate
Finance and Strategy Associate
Cameo, one of TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018 and one of Chicago’s fastest growing and most exciting tech startups, is looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to help propel Cameo to the next level. You’ll be joining a quickly growing team of smart, curious and driven colleagues, and be able to experience a rocket ship from its earliest days.
We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and will help shape the direction of the next great tech company. We have an amazing culture, and hope you’ll be a part of it!
We’re well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a rocketship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
About the role:
This is an opportunity for a highly self-motivated individual to join the Cameo team. As a Finance and Strategy Associate, you will play an important role in evaluating the most important product and business initiatives and provide valuable insight that will be used to assess the strategic direction of Cameo.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building and developing robust rolling forecasts to drive strategic decision making around customer demand and revenue growth
- Conducting historical and forward-looking financial analysis, including: 3 statement preparation and analysis, seasonality and cohort driven financial forecasting, expense budgeting, headcount planning, and financial IT systems design.
- Providing cross-functional KPI and operational support for the two-sided marketplace, including: acquisition/activation/engagement/retention/referral analysis, dynamic pricing architecture, and other growth and ops projects.
- Mapping out high growth areas for development, creating both top-down and bottoms up market size models
- Helping create business cases for product initiatives, with a focus on market and opportunity sizing
- Identifying strategic opportunities for investment and focus through competitive research and marketplace analysis
- Assisting c-suite management directly with investor relations and venture-capital specific finance, including: venture fundraising strategy, board and investor-facing materials, cap table management, and valuation analysis.
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience at a top investment bank, management consulting firm, venture-backed startup, private equity or venture capital firm
- Firm grasp on P&L analysis, 3 statement analysis, corporate accounting fundamentals, forecasting, and business intelligence
- Strong analytical skills and a structured approach to solving business problems.
- Analytical mindset, with the ability to focus on a problem, ask insightful questions, reject presuppositions, and learn new concepts quickly
- An enthusiastic "roll up your sleeves" mentality
- The ability to work well under pressure, with a high degree of adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- Prior experience with a consumer software product, or consumer marketplace
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.