Finance Associate — Chicago, IL
Tock is reimagining how chefs, restaurants, and wineries across the world run their businesses and manage reservations.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success, nearly eliminating no-shows and dramatically improving the guest experience. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of June 2019):
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 23 countries operating in 100+ cities
- Has now processed over half a billion dollars in prepaid reservations
About the position
As a Finance Associate you will be integral to the operations of Tock. You will be responsible for managing our customers’ plans and billing set up, banking activity, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger integrity and Payroll. As a Finance Associate, you will work with a roster of esteemed restaurants and gain an understanding of the startup tech industry and software as a service (SaaS). The successful candidate has an Accounting, Finance or Business degree, is detail oriented, manages their time well, demonstrates excellent communication skills and likes to laugh.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, preferably Accounting or Finance. 0 - 2 years experience is ideal
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to understand the terminology used in the hospitality industry
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Immediate availability to work full time in our Chicago office
- Advanced Excel skills
What you’ll do
- Assist with new customer set up, billing and requests
- Process daily cash deposits and payments
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Administer Payroll and 401k
- Gain exposure to Financial Statement management
- Interesting project work - we’re a growing company!
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap