Finance Controller at Origami Risk
Who We Are
Origami Risk is a wildly successful provider of integrated SaaS solutions for the risk and insurance industry—from insured corporate and public entities to brokers and risk consultants, insurers, third party claims administrators (TPAs), and risk pools.
Origami Risk delivers a full suite of risk management and insurance core system solutions from a single secure, cloud-based platform. A singular focus on helping clients achieve their business objectives underlies Origami Risk’s approach to developing, implementing, and supporting our technology solutions.
Founded in 2009 by Risk Management Information System (RMIS) industry veterans, over the past decade Origami Risk has received more than two dozen awards for service excellence, technology innovation, and workplace culture. In addition to inclusion in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America, Origami Risk also has been repeatedly recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work” and Best and Brightest® Companies To Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR).
Making a Difference
Origami Risk is seeking an organized, proactive, and skilled accounting professional. This individual will oversee and manage all accounting related functions including managing a team. This individual must be able to work in a self-driven manner within a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Manage and mentor other team members.
- Manage month end close.
- Independently manage the completion of the month-end closing process including the preparation of and review of journal entries and other transactions.
- Ability to consistently and effectively meet a 6-day close schedule with aspirations to continuously improve and streamline procedures.
- Point person on financial statement audit.
- Lead the audit including managing timely deliverables and preparing the financial statements.
- Payroll and related benefits and commissions.
- Manage payroll process including processing payroll for Company as payroll system administrator.
- Prepare and post journal entries, creating templates when necessary and managing a complex allocation hierarchy.
- Calculate commissions and post periodically in compliance with GAAP.
- Manage benefits monthly and perform periodic audits of benefits information.
- Internal financial reporting
- Prepare monthly internal financial statements within required deadlines
- Ensure financial compliance with GAAP requirements
- Perform accounting analysis in accordance with department standards
- Assist in the production and delivery of ad-hoc management reports
- Assist in annual budget and rolling forecasting
- Responsible for internal controls
- Draft and maintain policies and procedures around internal controls
- Strong MS Excel skills required (Vlookup and Pivot Tables experience is required)
- Deadline oriented and ability to prioritize and have strong organizational skills
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Critical and independent thinking
US Work Authorization Required
Origami Risk is a drug-free work place. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V