Finance & Credit Analyst at FTD
Finance & Credit Analyst
In this position, you will manage an assigned Accounts Receivable customer account portfolio and perform all Credit, Billing, and Collection functions relevant to those accounts. The overall goal is to reduce past due balances and minimize bad debt exposure through prudent credit decisions and effective collection strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve billing issues and disputes through customer contact via phone, fax, e-mail, or letters.
- Responsible for all collection activities on an assigned portfolio of accounts to include the development of effective strategies, follow up, and customer communication.
- Interact with other departments such as sales, marketplace, customer service, etc. in order to review and improve processes, and form an effective team environment.
- Skip trace and locate customers in order to pursue personal guarantees and legal action.
- Responsible for determining, monitoring, and controlling high-risk accounts, and minimizing exposure on customer accounts.
- Analyze the creditworthiness of both new and existing customers and make sound credit decisions through the use of all credit resources and data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skill and Qualification that we require to stand out:
- Bachelor's degree preferred; 1-3 years of experience in Credit & Collections is preferred.
- Good PC knowledge - Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience with ERP systems such as J.D. Edwards, Oracle, and SAP.
- Excellent organizational skills -- follow up, strategy, prioritization.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal). Must have the ability to negotiate and convince.
- Ability to work independently and make solid recommendations to the manager. Must be solutions based and offer multiple options toward attainment of a goal.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to improve processes.
- Strong attention to detail with great accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and high expectation environment.
- Experience with "SMART" goal setting, measurable, and tracking of goals.
What we offer:
- Be a part of the team that is building the future of FTD.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flex hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- We are a "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Career opportunities! Those that have a positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very forward-thinking future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.