STATS' summer internship program is a 10 week, 40 hours per week paid internship. Interns work together and individually within the organization to gain valuable experience and make an impact in sports technology. Not only will STATS Interns have hands on experience in their field of study but there are awesome perks too! There will be luncheons, a major league baseball game, an end-of-summer presentation, and other activities.
As the Finance Intern, you will have the opportunity to workalongside world-class accounting and finance teams. In this internship, you will learn foundational accounting activities such as accounts receivable,accounts payable, reconciliations and have the opportunity to shadow some of our accounts. From there, you will take on complex reconciliations, analysis, accounting projects and work withmanagement to solve some of the business' problems. This summer you will participate in the monthly review of actuals to budget, the development ofmonthly forecasts, and partner with the team on the launch of the2020 budget process. These activities will help you gain exposure to otherfacets of accounting and finance and provide a glimpse into what your career may looklike in the future.
What You'll Do:
- Gain exposure and contribute to Accounting areas including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue and management
- Learn about and understand the full lifecycle of an accounting close
- Develop a working relationship with STATS' Accounting department
- Complete 1:1s with each member of the Accounting team to gain a strong understanding of how STATS' Accounting department operates
- Receive administrative training on how to leverage internal tools including Intacct, Concur, Salesforce, Adaptive Planning and Excel
What You'll Need:
- To be working towards a Bachelor's degree in in Finance, Accounting or relevant field with a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
- Desire to pursue a career in Accounting or Finance post-graduation
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
- Outstanding organizational skills
- A proactive, creative, entrepreneurial and results-oriented mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize requests based on importance and timing
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible
STATS is an equal opportunity employer our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race, disability or veteran status.