Finance Manager - FP&A
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
This highly-visible role will support the consolidated Financial Planning & Analysis function as well as the Investor Relations function and lead the financial planning and analysis for the Corporate segment. This individual and team are responsible for consolidated internal and external reporting of forecasted, budgeted and actual results to senior management as well as providing timely support for the investor relations function. Additionally, this individual will be involved in various financial analysis activities to aid executive level decision-making. Along with these responsibilities, this role will also manage the reporting and planning of the Corporate segment's forecasted, budgeted and actual results to senior management.
Work is typically performed under no supervision, with only guidance about overall goals and objectives. Usually receive minimal to no guidance about how to complete work objectives. Must be able to define work based on evaluation of short term and long term goals of the department. Able to independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate in to overall work objectives.
- Lead the annual budget and monthly forecasting process for the company to drive improvements in accuracy and efficiency
- Provide analysis of the monthly results to the budget, forecast and prior years
- Provide support for the CFO presentations to Board of Directors and other audiences
- Prepare ad hoc analyses for senior management to support their decision-making process
- Prepare profiles on external companies including their history, financials, key product/service offerings and other relevant information gathered from accessible resources (Capital IQ, Factset, SEC, company website, press releases, etc)
- Lead the Corporate segment's monthly forecast and budget process, prepare high-level analyses of summary results, and focus on key business factors driving financial performance, to aid decision-making by Corporate cost center owners and senior management
- Partner with the Corporate cost center owners to understand their monthly results, as well as continually improve their forecasting processes and accuracy
- Partner with other financial departments (tax, treasury, IT, consolidations, etc.) to improve internal forecasting and reporting and assist in external presentations of consolidated financial results
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 4-5 years of related work experience
- Highly analytical and excellent problem solving skills required
- Strong communication, interpersonal, time management and decision making skills required
- Proven ability to respond within short time constraints and meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with attention to detail and an ability to work independently
- Proficiency in SAP BPC or relative financial systems strongly preferred
- Ease in communicating and partnering with all levels in the organization
- CPA / MBA a plus
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]