Finance Manager - Global SG&A
The Finance Manager will be a key member on the Global FP&A team based in Groupon's global headquarters in Chicago providing decision support to c-suite executives. Responsibilities include global expense planning and forecasting for both payroll and non-payroll operating expense. Will be expected to produce timely, accurate reporting and customized financial analysis to support management decisions and influence business outcomes. Additionally, this role will interact cross-functionally across global business leaders including but not limited to Procurement, Accounting and HR and will routinely provide ad-hoc analysis for senior financial leadership. Strong communication skills are required as this individual will have monthly discussions with senior executives. The ideal candidate will have deep analytical skills, an interest in financial data systems and processes along with a desire for consistent personal development. Willingness to dive in head first while improving key technical skills and learning new systems is a must.
- Assist in the preparation of plans, forecasts and variance reviews as part of the global FP&A cycle
- Understand country and category business drivers. Monitor performance and KPIs.
- Enhance existing reporting and tooling capabilities in financial systems with the support of the FP&A systems team
- Work closely with regional finance, regional CFOs and other members of the global finance organization
- Work cross-functionally to build scalable solutions to complex problems rooted in data and analytics
- Construct financial models to evaluate pro-forma scenario planning
- Ad-hoc deep dives on pressing business issues
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 7+ years experience in Finance or Consulting
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Systems savvy - comfort with data architectures, ERP systems, SQL a strongly preferred
- Skills preferred – data analysis, Anaplan or other financial modeling system experience. Tableau, Python/JS/Google apps scripting language preferred
- Experience in data analysis, process automation, financial reporting and/or financial analysis
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Familiarity with ecommerce or retail environment a plus
- Ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.