Finance Manager, Innovation
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, No B.S value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Finance Manager, Innovation: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country. This growth comes from dynamic distribution channels including e-commerce, independent specialty locations like coffee shops and fitness studios, strategic enterprise accounts like Caribou and Life Time Fitness and traditional channels like grocery, convenience, mass and club. Our distribution and retail partners require support, organization and tracking.
The Finance Manager, Innovation will be responsible for representing the Finance team perspective for our breakthrough & core innovation. We are looking for someone that is a strategic thinker with an inquisitive mindset, detail-oriented, and driven and eager to grow with our Finance team. Our ideal candidate has a strong analytical background in a CPG strategy role, investment banking, private equity, or management consulting. A self-starter that takes initiative, ownership over processes, has comfort with ambiguity, exhibits resourcefulness, and is excited to learn about our business and help establish new processes as we continue to build out our finance team will excel in this role.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in creation of strategic three-year financial plan inclusive of core products and breakthrough innovation for the North American market
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop deep category knowledge and understanding of our strategic positioning within the market for breakthrough innovation
- Work closely with cross-functional team members to provide a point of view on financial implications of strategic decisions
- Partner with Marketing, Insights, and Sales Strategy to build the business case for our innovation
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders to develop pricing and promotional strategies
- Investigate performance of new products alongside Insights, Revenue Management, Sales Strategy, and Marketing
- Develop detailed financial projection models for core innovation to inform relevant stakeholders of expected financial performance and demand
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed or required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, intellectually curious, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, ideally in CPG with a strategy/planning focus or a background in Investment Banking, Private Equity, or Management Consulting
- Evidence of cross functional partnership experience
- Demonstrated ability to flex between a long-term “big picture” understanding and a short-term detailed tactical focus
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Highly organized
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Evidence of ‘Customer First’ values and behaviors
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Fast learner
- Intellectually humble
- Emotionally intelligent
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.