Finance Manager - Retail Analytics at Green Thumb
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:17 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 4, 2020
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries Inc. (“Green Thumb”), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, promotes well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. Green Thumb manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Beboe, Dogwalkers, Dr. Solomon’s, incredibles, Rythm and The Feel Collection. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Green Thumb has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 96 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, Green Thumb employs over 1,700 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. The company was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business and MG Retailer magazine in 2018 and 2019. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Finance Manager - Retail Analytics will be a member of the Finance team partnering with our retail and IT organizations. With a focus on driving revenue and increasing overall profitability, this role will bring a data-driven approach to GTI’s biggest strategic opportunities. You will be responding to the live needs of the business, helping to solve problems, answering questions as they arise, and developing Analysts. Due to the dynamic nature of the business, we seek entrepreneurial candidates with the ability to derive analytical insights from a variety of business contexts.
- Transform Retail Finance from a report-driven to an insights-driven organization
- Monitor retail KPIs and drivers for our business and understand, highlight, and investigate any causes of variance
- Build dashboards and tools that allow our business partners to access data and insights easily
- Create models to continuously assess a broad range of retail data and utilize those insights to drive revenue and profit
- Communicate insights to non-data business partners in a clear and concise manner
- Assist IT in building key operational reporting and systems
- Create an analytic framework for retail pricing and deliver pricing insights to the organization
- Partner with Retail Marketing to analyze and integrate behavior data into the larger Retail performance picture
- Analyze operating expenses and provide recommendations for optimization
- Provide analytical support for daily, monthly, quarterly reporting
- Support development of the budget and assist with rolling forecasts
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of experience in CPG, retail, or transaction-level analytics and proven ability to build analytics processes, Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Proven experience in Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Big data techniques using a major statistical programming language is a plus but not required
- Ability to build relationships and credibility with team members at various levels within our org
- Adept at communicating complex problems in a clear, simple manner to non-data partners
- Willingness to hustle; we operate at a fast pace and we expect team members to keep up
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking and finance acumen
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At Green Thumb, we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. Green Thumb is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description