If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThis is an exciting opportunity with high visibility in the MSI Finance department. The mission of the finance department is to deliver value to the operations by providing financial support through timely, data-driven analysis, effective resource planning and management of business performance to help our business partners execute on their strategic and operational imperatives which contributes to a strong financial performance.
This role supports Centralized Managed Support Operations (CMSO) and Services Offer Management. CMSO is Motorola's global service delivery engine that provides an innovative and seamless experience for customers and partners to deliver exceptional outcomes.
In this role you will be a Finance Manager supporting business leadership in forecasting, cost management, and strategic decision making through financial analysis. You will also support new product launches through business case development and orderability setup
- Work closely with the CMSO and Offer Management teams and assist in the preparation, analysis, and reporting monthly results compared to plan, forecasts and prior year for division leadership and MSI internal reporting
- Understand the relationship of cost of sales to revenue and which levers to manage to drive up gross margin
- Assist in driving gross margin improvement through analytics, expense management, variance analysis and investigation
- Partner with finance teams across the company to evaluate opportunities to improve product level margin
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual budget forecasting cycles and working with department managers to collect inputs and perform analytical reviews
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports and dashboards
- Ensure data accuracy and reconciliation to financial systems
- Assist with financial modeling as it relates to departmental expenses
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
- Strong analytical skills, organization, and curiosity to develop new methods and processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Exercises good judgment, flexible, and comfortable working under time constraints and with multiple operating constituents
- Strong system skills including MS Office, Oracle, and Hyperion are a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience working in Finance / Accounting / FP&A role
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.