Finance Manager at G2
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role: Finance Manager
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager role will play a key role in the company’s financial strategy and planning processes. Working closely with the Financial Analyst and Accounting team, the Finance Manager will have significant involvement in the annual budgeting process as well as working cross functionally with all departments to provide valuable information for business decisions.
In This Role, You Will:
- Manage Finance team by establishing each member’s core responsibilities and serve as their mentor for career development
- Own annual operating plan by setting up financial model and work cross functionally with business unit leaders to align on key spend
- Implement forecasting into planning tool, Adaptive, and improve accuracy and efficiency in modeling the budget
- Prepare and outline financial models with a five year outlook that aligns to companies objectives and goals, sync with CEO to level set on metrics and discuss future scenarios
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with respect to organizational goals, budgets and forecasts, and provide monthly analysis via PPT driven from Finance and Accounting team
- Partner with multiple stakeholders across the organization to:
- Provide monthly variance analysis and address actual vs budget expenses by department
- Identify key problem areas and use data-driven approaches to fix them
- Help departments with reaching their goals and refining their budget
- Advise and recommend on spending initiatives
- Analyze trends to reduce financial risks associated with making investment or spending decisions
- Work with the Sales team during the goal setting process to align to the revenue plan
- Partner with ES on hiring and recruiting plans, establish tracker for Finance to approve headcount requests
- Utilize data visualization tools, Intacct, to build dashboards and analyze key KPIs on an on-going basis
- Play a role in the strategic planning process by defining, evaluating, and recommending options (new features, proposals, etc).
- Collaborate with upper management to discuss new opportunities and risks
- Approve tech spend and third party services via purchase policy guidelines and review of software analysis
- Automate reports for cost revenue analysis by segments (regions, departments, business units)
- Partake in ad hoc projects
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.